Monday, September 17, 2007

Woot am I getting myself into??

I feel so alone!!! Scraps has moved away, and Square Deal is out of comission for the next few weekends! But I shall have to try to Woo on my own, since Christmas is coming up and this is going to be a VERY. BIG. JOB. See below...



This is the sketch for the stocking I'm going to do for my niece. She's only 2 and 1/2, but she has had a life long obsession with kitties. In fact, she knew my cat's name months before she knew mine. I plan to go completely overboard and do this all with a combo of applique and embroidery. Plus, it's like, over 22 inches long-- that's a lot of embroidery mileage. It's going to be a ton of work, but I figure it better be impressive if she's going to have it for the rest of her life.

Stay tuned for more!

2 comments:

Scraps said...

Looking good, Mother Earth! I made a pillow out of the Happy Homemaker fabric last week, and have been working on my cheesy sscrapbooks. Woot!

Square Deal said...

Best of luck with the tiny, tiny stitch sitch + I think a finished-stocking photo w/ Iggy tucked inside (or maybe just nearby?) = ♥

I'll see woo in a few weekends (and HI, SCRAPS!).